Bolton University 2022 Trustee Scholarship for International Students
Brief Description: The University of Bolton (formerly Bolton Institute of Higher Education, Bolton Institute of Technology, or simply Bolton Institute) is a public university in Bolton, Greater Manchester, England. It has approximately 6,000 students and 700 academic and professional staff. Around 70% of its students come from Bolton and the North West region. The university is a member of the North West Universities Association, Universities UK, and Million.
Every year, BU welcomes approximately 20 outstanding students to the Trustee Scholars Program. Many of our current Scholars had perfect 4.0-grade point averages in high school and ranked at the top of their class. In addition to exceptional academic credentials, Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences, or achievements beyond the usual. They are, in other words, not just top students, but extraordinarily well-rounded individuals. At BU, Trustee Scholars become part of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities. A Trustee Scholarship covers full undergraduate tuition plus mandatory undergraduate student fees and is renewable for four years if certain criteria are met.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
Host University: Bolton University
Country of Study: United Kingdom
Targeted Demography: International students
Degree Type: Undergraduate
Fellowship Sponsor: Bolton University
Award: Full undergraduate tuition, mandatory undergraduate student fees, (renewable for four years if certain criteria are met)
Award Sponsor: Bolton University
- Can be either a domestic or international student
- Should be a high performer who ranked top of their classes at high school
- Trustee Scholars are intellectually and creatively adventurous and demonstrate viewpoints, experiences, or achievements beyond the usual
- Will be required to submit an essay to demonstrate their intellectual and academic prowess
How to Apply:
- Howard Thurman, who was the dean of BU’s Marsh Chapel from 1953-1965, once wrote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Can you describe a particular experience you have had or an activity that you participate in that makes you come alive? How would you try to integrate that experience or activity into your time at BU?
- Describe a time when you felt out of your comfort zone or marginalized in a situation. How did you respond to that moment and how has it informed your actions moving forward?To be considered for a Trustee Scholarship:
- Submit the Common Application and all required materials for admission to one of the undergraduate degree programs at BU by December 1.
- Complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common Application as part of your application to BU.
The Trustee Scholarship Essay:
Please choose from one of the two prompts below and submit one essay, in 600 words or less, as part of your application through the Common Application.
- For more information Visit BU website
Official Website: https://www.bolton.ac.uk